Wednesday 23 September 2009

First Shots With Velvia


Durdle Door
Nikon FM, Clubman 28mm, f8@1/125s ISO 50, Fuji Velvia

Well, I finally plucked up the courage to try out some slide film and got my self 4 rolls of the famous Fuji Velvia 50. This is the favorite film of many of the worlds landscape photographers for intense colours and sharpness, it is a lot slower than I am used to at ISO50 I normally shoot with ISO200 and you have to be spot on with your exposure but the results when you get it right are amazing.



The family and I were heading off for a weekends camping in Dorset over the August bank holiday weekend and this was the perfect location to try it out. The above shot was taken at Durdle Door and no polarizers were used and the only photoshop work was to correct a slight colour cast probably picked up from the scanner. I am stunned by the colours and the detail it has captured.


Lulworth Cove
Nikon FM, Clubman 28mm, f11@1/60s ISO 50, Fuji Velvia




Some more taken at Portland Bill the following day, the weather had changed to heavy overcast, windy and cold. This made things much harder with the slow film but I really like the way these came out.










I'm definitely hooked! I'm hoping to shoot some autumn leaves this weekend and I plan to get some more slide film more suited to people and try taken some shots of the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment